Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ashkan Honarvar






I found an image of this artist on a blog, and feel inlove with his work. Seriously could've posted about 20 pieces of work on here. I dont know why I'm drawn to the work. His more modern work is becoming more commercial and didn't interest me so much, where as his later work is so captivating. I actually liked the collagey ones better than the sculptures on the face. Although the tones and delicateness of the work ontop of the faces have a strong character to them. I think this could work on a large scale messing around with different materials, to create almost growths and deformities. 
Im becoming more drawn to the beauty in ugliness/deforms rather than beauty itself. 'beauty' is too obvious - even though its subjective to opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment