Tuesday 14 February 2012

I like flesh too much most likely 






I decided to mess around with a heart I managed to get in the butchers. Showing the rawness of flesh and exploring pressure onto flesh. Showing the realness of a heart, as its not beautiful and lovey dovey (especially on valentines day) I would love to see a real heart on a card. 
I also added some hair wrapped around it - as hair is usually used to enhance beauty rather than to apply pressure to flesh. Although I don't think this worked as successfully as I would've liked it to. I had difficulties making the hair tight enough around the heart, so I wasn't able to apply the pressure - messing around with the tone of heart. So I decided to add the elastic bands around it as theyre tigher. This is also similar to what I did to faces. I want to mess around with heart some more though. I was thinking of stitching into it? or something?? 
For now its in my freezer. I know my dog wants me to feed it to her. Thats not gonna happen because its gross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment