Sunday 1 April 2012

Juliana cerqueira leite


I found this looking through my old photos from when I last went to the Saatchi Gallery, created these sculptures by creating a mould where she dug out these shapes using her body. if you look closely to these sculptures they have marks of her hands, fingers, feet and other body parts. The gestures show how someone is trying to get out and displays the presence of a body. These are really beautiful and striking - when we look close they seem almost delicate even though looking at them they're surely bold and heavy. 
Even though I was first struck by the method she used to produce these, I also love the outcome of the shape. I think I would look to making something of a similar shape getting smaller towards to top? 

No comments:

Post a Comment